sábado, 6 de julio de 2013

Commenting

Hello everyone!



 This post is about my opinion respect a video: Denis Dutton talks about “A Darwinian theory of beauty”. Here Dutton explains the theory that the reason that we find something beautiful is human evolution and not just the beauty is "in the eye of the beholder". He starts to talk that is complicate define why something is beauty because it’s things very different.
All the same, he points to the answer can be found in a Darwinian theory, evolution. He says that beauty is for adaptive effect and I consider that is true but I think that he leaves some things aside. Rather than argue against, because I think fifteen minutes is not enough, maybe he has many more tests, I will discuss with one example.
If the classic music is beauty, like Beethoven, why not all the people listen to? Why not all the people have to Beethoven in their favorite’s music? And I don’t tell Beethoven isn’t beauty music, but the question is interesting.
I really believe that his theory missing something else, but as I said, maybe fifteen minutes are not enough to say everything. I love, then, to read more about his theory in the future.

Bye!


4 comentarios:

  1. aajajajaja you're so critic. Heart for you

    ResponderEliminar
  2. your question have much sense, the art beauty is not very popular today :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I think in matters of taste there is nothing written lol, so maybe I like Beethoven and at the same time I like Marilyn Manson, and I can found beauty in both. Kisses (:

    ResponderEliminar
  4. fifteen minutes is enough!!
    he says that beauty is an universal thing or feeling and everyone loves a perfect confection and virtuosity. That's not true and he doesn't more time to talk about this.
    Now in contemporary art the works are beautiful and simple even the work shows nothing virtuous.
    bye

    ResponderEliminar