sábado, 27 de abril de 2013

Special movie for me

Hi!


Well, today I’m going to talk about a film that I like. That movie is not my favorite because I don’t have one favorite movie, but this is the last I see and I liked so much.

This movie is “Melancholia” (2011).  That movie is drama with fiction, directed by Lars Von Trier and starring Kristen Dunst, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Kiefer Sutherland.



Justine (Kristen Dunst) y Michael (Alexander Skarsgard) give a sumptuous party to celebrate their wedding at the home of the bride's sister (Charlotte Gainsbourg) and her husband John (Kiefer Sutherland), while a planet, called Melancholia, threat the Earth. It’s a movie with psychological and catastrophic elements.



The movie is divided in two parts. The first is called “Justine” and is about the protagonist and her marriage. Justine is a person really unpredictable and melancholic, she wasn’t motivated with her marriage and she finish for destroyed it. Nothing works at the party that her sister, with preoccupation and details everywhere (and a lots of money), prepared.



The second part is called “Claire” in reference to Justine’s sister. Here, there’s a Justine depressive, she unable even to bathe and eat herself; Claire help her. Meanwhile, Melancholia planet becomes visible in the sky as it approaches ever closer to Earth. Apparently the shock of planet Earth is imminent, and Claire becomes hysterical while Justine accepts the end resignedly.


I liked so much the movie, because the performances are very good and emotional. Besides, I think the plot is something that we identify in this time: “a possible end of the world”. Other movies respect end of the world have more action and there’s a hero; but in this movie, the end is something more especial and personal, respect every person, and that is make the protagonists think about yours relationship, limits, personalities and love.






6 comentarios:

  1. natyy, is kirsten no kristen. I remembered an interview when she talk about how people confuse her name jajaja.
    xoxoooooo

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I love that movie too...the performance of Charlotte Gainsbourg is great..and the scenes are like paints of the romanticism...i like it.kisses!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. The best scene of that movie is when Melancolia is about to collide with Earth...scary! Good movie ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Oh!!! I bought this movie but my best friend I borrowed it before I saw it and still intrigues me! I saw the first scenes and I found them wonderful!

    ResponderEliminar