viernes, 12 de julio de 2013

My favourite subject

Hello everyone!
Today I'd like to talk about my favourite subject this term: Restoration. In this class I have done many things despite the few classes. I like this class because I learn the theory and practice. I learn about Restoration history, techniques and we have restored ceramic, textile, paintings and in the future metal. I have learned conservation too. The conservation is important because avoid the restoration, that involves modifying the art piece.
The more difficult thing is restore ceramic, at least for me. Restore ceramic was the first practice class, but not only we needed one class, we needed, if I'm not mistaken, three classes. I carried a dish and my teacher broke it. I had to unite all the pieces and make a missing with gypsum and sand down and paint looking for the right color. Definitely for the restoration you need lots of patience, believe me!!
I like this class because among so much theory and history, it is good to have something practical to learn, not you think? It is a nice experience although I don’t know if I want to be a restorer.

Bye!!

3 comentarios:

  1. I like this class, but I so bad doing things lik that u.u great post, x

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Naty!, restauration is a very different class from the others we have, this is more practice and I like that, we don't need to read a lot of books.

    byee

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I chose the same subject, i like that restoration be a practice classes too.
    kisses :)

    ResponderEliminar